ESSENTIAL TIPS WHEN DIETING
- Preparation & Planning - The majority of people who fail when dieting are failing because they do not implement proper planning. When you are hungry and you do not have a prepared meal you will consume anything fast. The old saying “if you fail to prepare then you are preparing to fail” is 100% correct. Take time to understand your daily schedule and when you need to eat and pack accordingly. Not only in regards to your diet but planning and preparing is essential to all facets of your life as it is commonly the difference between a successful person and a non-successful person.
- Water- Staying Hydrated keeps your belly full, your body functions more efficiently, and your thoughts are stronger. Water has an enormous effect on anyone’s diet. If you are hydrated your metabolism will be faster. Your body is at it’s optimal fat burning state when it is hydrated. If you are ever extremely hungry and you need to last another 30 minutes until you can get your next healthy meal then gulp down allot of water and this will subside the cravings.
- Motivation - Having constant positive motivation reinforces your efforts when dieting. When times get tough with cravings and stress you need to have positive reinforcements of why you are doing this and what it means to you. Many people fail in sticking to a lifestyle diet because they have lost their initial motivation and have lost all belief in what they are doing. Before you start a change in your diet you need to have a purpose and your motivation should center around that purpose. So each time you see a motivational image, video, or hear a motivational song it should relate directly to your purpose. Creating positive motivational tools which have emotional meaning to force you into action.
- Start With Small Changes - You can’t drastically change overnight and think that your unhealthy habits will not come creeping back. Start with 1 small change and then once you have mastered a simple small change then you can progress slowly onto another. This will reinforce your good dedication and you will feel proud and confident that you overcome that obstacle and you are motivated for the next small change. This is essential because if you diet to drastically from the start then you will binge and undo all your hard work.
- Perseverance -Success in life is not talent or ability, it is perseverance. Those that stick to something and do not quit will go further than anyone with just talent. You have to have a belief and persevere with that belief so that whatever is thrown at you, your belief and perseverance can over ride any obstacle. So many people quit a diet after 6 weeks because they are not seeing any results. If they had lasted another 6 weeks then they would see results. Remember if you have spent the last 20 or 30 years eating and exercising poorly, why do you think 6 weeks will change those 20 years? Good things take time. Perseverance is everything with dieting as it is a marathon not a sprint.